Tree and shrub crop growers
Tree and shrub crop growers plan organize and perform farming operations to grow and harvest trees and shrubs, such as fruit and nut trees, tea and coffee bushes, grape vines, berry-bearing bushes, cocoa trees and rubber trees and to collect sap, for sale or delivery on a regular basis to wholesale buyers, marketing organizations or at markets.
- (a) monitoring market activity and conditions, determining types and quantities of crops to be grown, and planning and coordinating production accordingly
- (b) preparing soil by hand or machine, and spreading fertilizers and manure
- (c) selecting and sowing seeds, and planting seedlings
- (d) maintaining crops by cultivating soil, by transplanting, pruning or thinning trees and shrubs, and by setting up and operating irrigation equipment
- (e) controlling weeds, pests and diseases, by applying herbicides and pesticides
- (f) tending trees or bushes, collecting sap and harvesting crops
- (g) inspecting, cleaning, grading, packaging, storing and loading crops for sale or delivery to market
- (h) tending working animals and maintaining farm buildings, structures, equipment and water supply systems
- (i) storing and carrying out some processing of produce
- (j) promoting and marketing products, arranging the sale, purchase and transportation of produce and supplies and maintaining and evaluating records of activities and transactions
- (k) training and supervising workers in crop production, maintenance duties, and health and safety precautions and hiring and discharging workers and contractors
Do the survey
Do the survey and win a prize!
Citer cette page © WageIndicator 2017 - Mywage.com - Tree and shrub crop growers