All about Annual Leave, Wages, Salaries and Labour Laws in Botswana on Mywage.com
Learn all about annual leave in Botswana:
- Every employer shall grant to every employee leave with basic pay at the rate of not less than 1,25 days per month. This amounts to 15 working days for every 12 months worked.
- Any balance of leave not taken may be accumulated, year by year; but such leave shall not be accumulated for longer than 3 years. At the end of that 3 year period all the accumulated leave must be taken.
- Annual paid leave is in addition to any public holiday or weekly rest period. It also does not any period during which the employee is absent from work owing to illness.
- Where a contract of employment is terminated by either party, the employer shall pay to the employee their basic pay - in respect of any period of leave accumulated or accrued but which has not been granted before the termination of the contract of employment; and at the rate of 1,25 days in respect of every month or part of a month of continuous employment.
- Pay during any period of leave shall be the current basic pay of the employee.
- Any employer who contravenes this section shall be guilty of an offence and liable to the penalties.
Citer cette page © WageIndicator 2018 - Mywage.com - Annual Leave